Thursday, March 29, 2007

Oh my where is the time going?

I am so tired today, two meetings so far this week and I am teaching tonight!

I must admit that I am rather looking forward to it though, it seems like every now and then I just have to play with paint, and ink and other mucky stuff. Trying to keep the adhesive where it should be instead of sticking my fingers together is always a good laugh as well.

Tonights class is a canvas class, looking forward to encouraging the ladies attending to stop hiding their pages in albums and every now and then create a piece of meaningful art for themselves instead of buying someone elses! And I am sure that would rile more than a few painters!





Okay so don't get me wrong, I love my girls, but they are more than a lot like me and have strong wills, and sassy attitudes. But sometimes just sometimes that is more than a mama can cope with. So when I saw a page created by the lovely Sharon Kenealy I knew I had to lift it, the above is my big girl with her attitude showing!

Background Paper – Karah Fredricks @ thedigichick (Foundation – Dark Rust)
Other Paper – Dianne Rigdon @ thedigichick (Pink Paisley – Hippie Chic)
Template – Cheryl Peacock for cherpea designs

Inspired by Sharon Kenealy, thanks Sharon this quote was so perfect for this photo!




and since I was on the subject of attitude I thought I may as well share this one as well!

Paper – Lisa Whitney @ ScrapArtist (A Beautiful Mess Kit)
Flower & Staple – Lisa Whitney @ ScrapArtist (A Beautiful Mess Kit)
Doodle Star – Lisa Whitney @ ScrapArtist (Painted Doodle Stars)
Stick Pin – Nancie Rowe Janitz @ ScrapArtist (Fair Trade Kit)
Curled Frame – Nancy Comelab @ My Digital Muse (Vintage Frame)
Journalling Spot – Katie Pertiet @ Designer Digitals (Curled Journal Spots 3)

Journalling reads

She got the look, the look that said Mama I am not getting out of the bath!
No way, no how. I love you anyway!



and this one well its going to be a wee surprise for my friend Sandy and her hubby Phil. I took these photos late last year, and digi scrapped some pages for them at the time, but this photo was just hollering right on out at me I need to be scrapped (again?)

Everything from Lisa Whitney's A Beautiful Mess Kit, from the minute I saw this kit during the ScrapArtist Apprentice challenge I knew I had to have it!
So very VERSATILE! A must have staple for any digi scrapper!

Over at the Hub this week which you can find here (closes Thurs US time) the featured kit of the week this week happens to be Lisa's absolutely fantastic Beautiful Mess kit.
So if you have the kit, scrap with it and enter, if you don't what are you waiting for go get it from ScrapArtist and scrap some!



I don't think I said that it was Chris' birthday on Sunday just gone, and apart from the odd requests on his wish list for things like gasket goo, a couple of new tyres for his "new" bike, chain lube and the Gloomy Sunday DVD (which has yet to turn up!) he wanted to go to a performance in the Christchurch Cathedral. The Christchurch Symphony Orchestra (CSO from now on!) were playing several pieces one being the Brandenburg Concerto # 1.
So off we went all four of us! The girls first ever experience of live ballet music as they refer to it! The were very very well behaved little girls, though about 40 mins into it got a bit antsy so Daddy took them and sat with them in the ailse so that they could see the orchestra!

Do you know how proud you can make parents with a few simple words? We had some elderly folks sitting behind us that when the concert was over praised our girls for being so very well behaved, and for having such beautiful dresses on! They were both wearing the flamenco dresses that Chris bought back from Barcelona for them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home